Business Travel: A Catalyst for The Green Transition in Travel and Tourism?
Business travel represents one of the core segments of the travel industry – it accounted for around 20% of all travel spending before the COVID pandemic hit – and it can play a key role in making this industry more sustainable. Many organisations are increasingly demanding sustainable travel options as part of their environmental commitments and are looking at travel management companies to help them achieve these goals.
What are the missing elements on the path to success for business travel to become a catalyst for this important change towards greater sustainability?
Our webinar was an opportunity to hear from representatives from the European Commission, European Parliament and the travel industry on the EU ambitions on greening travel and tourism and the role that organizations and travel intermediaries can play to achieve this objective.
- Valentina Superti, Director for Tourism & Proximity, DG GROW
- Petar Vitanov, Member of the European Parliament
- Jason Geall, Senior Vice President & General Manager EMEA, American Express Global Business Travel
- Denise Auclair, Manager, Travel Smart Campaign
- Nikki Parsons, Global Travel Director, Arcadis
A debate moderated by Dave Keating, France 24
30/09/2022 from 11:00 to 12:00